“All nations” means across the globe and across the street. “Teaching them to obey” means proclaiming the gospel vocally and leading lives that reflect the way Christ lived. Informed by books like When Helping Hurts and Walking with the Poor, missions at CKPC seeks to be holistic in its approach: local and global; partnering with and empowering individuals on the ground rather than pioneering our own way. Missions is what the people of God do when they leave the church building. As a church we want to bless people who have dedicated their vocational lives to ministry and empower our members to serve.
Our Mission Partners
This ministry (www.thecoffeeoasis.com) pairs at-risk young people with caring business professionals who help them learn hirable job skills and a strong work ethic so that they can obtain permanent employment and escape the cycle of poverty. Beyond our monthly sponsorship of this ministry, we serve coffee from The Coffee Oasis at our church fellowship hour, and we have a group of individuals from our church that prepare and serve a meal there on a monthly basis.
Several of our ministry partners have opportunities to serve God and Our community outside the walls of our church:
- Children of the Nations: Front desk Volunteer, Sponsorship Volunteer, Mailing Volunteer, Grounds keeping Assistant, Data Entry Specialist, Warehouse Coordinator, IT Assistant, Spanish Translating Assistant. Find out more
- Coffee Oasis: Outreach Volunteer, Youth Center Volunteer, Youth Center Worker, Youth Mentor, Crisis Intervention Text Hotline Volunteer. Find out more
- Kitsap Homes of Compassion: House Manager, Mentor, Small Project Maintenance. Find out more
- Kitsap Rescue Mission: Janitor/Maintenance, Front Desk Clothing Closet, Clothing Sorter, Kitchen Help, Bus Driver, Mailing Assistant. Find out more
- Scarlet Road: Outreach Mentors, Personal Mentors, Drop-in Center Volunteers, Administrative Assistant. Find out more
- Youth for Christ: Mentors, Tutors, Counselors, Coaches, and other opportunities in Campus Life, City Life, Juvenile Justice, and Parent Life programs. Find out more
- Benedict House: CKPC serves dinner for nine days, annually (October) at Benedict House Men’s Shelter in Bremerton. You may join our teams preparing and serving meals or contact Benedict House to learn of other opportunities to serve. Find out more
- Central Kitsap School District: CKPC has adopted Woodland Elementary School, located right here in our neighborhood. Volunteer opportunities include Reading Tutors, Homework helpers, and Library Assistants. For more information, check with a member of the CKPC Missions and Outreach team.
In addition, both Central Kitsap Food Bank () and North Kitsap Fishline have continuous opportunities in their Food Banks (CKPC supports this quarterly through food drives) and Second Season Thrift Store in Poulsbo.